The College of Applied Professions is considered the nucleus of Palestine Polytechnic University, as it was launched by the University Graduates Union in 1978. The college developed under the guidance and supervision of the University Graduates Union. The college includes five departments: the Department of Computer and Information Technology, the Department of Administrative Sciences, the Administrative and Financial Science Department, the Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, and the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Professions Department.
The college offers diploma degrees in more than thirty programs in computer and IT, administrative sciences, banking and financial sciences, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil and architectural engineering, applied arts, interior design, stone and marble and occupational safety and health. The college had more than 2750 students during the first semester of 2019–2020.
The college works to offer customized programs based on local market needs. The college works at equipping students with relevant skills for the local market. The college also cooperates with local and international institutions.
working toward a leading research community college.
The College seeks to enhance the leadership skills of the Palestinian society by offering distinguished academic and technical programs based on market need, supervised by a highly qualified and experienced staff that employs the latest educational methods and curricula to ensure high quality and excellent teaching and networking with the local and international communities.
The College of Applied Professions at Palestine Polytechnic University aims to achieve the following:
- Provide distinguished educational programs relevant to the needs of the local community.
- Contribute to the development of the Palestinian economy by providing the local market with high-quality technical skills.
- Provide excellent opportunities for 12th grade graduates in its various streams to continue their intermediate university studies in many engineering and administrative fields.
- Enhance college graduates by qualifying them with distinguished scientific and practical knowledge that boosts their confidence scientifically, technically and professionally.
- Contribute to reducing unemployment by strengthening the relationship with the local community.
- Use modern teaching and learning methods that contribute to creating job opportunities for university graduates.